Duration: 103.5 Hours over 4 Weeks (1 week Theory, 3 Weeks Practical)
MELT Course Objectives
This program includes all mandatory objectives set forth in the Ministry of Transportation’s This program includes all mandatory objectives set forth in the Ministry of Transportation’s Commercial Truck Driver Training Standard (Class A), released July 2016.
Course DescriptionSubjects of the program include:
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components & Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving Habits
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks and Manoeuvres
- Documents, Paperwork and Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement
- Handling Emergencies
Must be 18 years of age or older, Must have minimum Grade 10 English (or equivalent), Must hold a valid Ontario Class G license or Higher, MTO Medical that meets the vision, hearing and medical requirements for a class A licence, Drivers Abstract.